Audsley lists this stop with the following description:
Literally Bird-Flute. The name given to a flute-toned stop, of 4 ft. pitch, voiced to yield a clear sound, somewhat resembling that of a bird's song. The stop was inserted on the First Manual of the Organ in the Church of Quittelsdorf, constructed by Andreas Schulze, of Paulinzelle, in the year 1791.
Wedgwood also lists it, but has nothing to add other than its tone being “liquid”.
Copyright © 1999 Edward L. Stauff, all rights reserved.|
Vogelflote.html - Last updated 19 September 2000.